Skip to main content

Woodlesford

The Story of a Station
Home
About Us
Contact Us
Nibble and Clink
Murder at Oulton
Village Memories
Gallery
First World War
Local Papers
Edward Metcalf
Volter's Films
Oulton Hall
Woodlesford House
John Batty
Reverend Mercer
Woodlesford Station
Station Masters
Clerks and Porters
Signalmen and Platelayers
Enthusiasts & Passengers
Footplate Men & Guards
Excursions
Water Haigh Colliery
Bentley's Brewery
Armitage Quarries
Road Transport
Aire & Calder Navigation
Woodlesford Mill
Light Industries
Fleet Mills
Potteries
Fleet Oil Depot
Cooper's Garage
Joe Stringer
Brook's Garage
Hygienic Paints
Glenoit
Churches and Chapels
Schools
Merchants & Shops
Traction Engines
Farms and Farmers
Pubs
Post Offices
Sport
Site Map
Historical Dates
Doctors
EWYU Railway
Edwin Lambert
The newly built Texaco oil depot in 1938. In the background is the derelict Fleet Mills and to its left the houses of the village of Fleet, none of which survive today. The photograph, and the one below, was taken by Aerofilms and comes from the Britain From Above website.
 
A view of the village of Fleet and the Texaco depot looking towards Methley.