Skip to main content

Woodlesford

The Story of a Station
Home
About Us
Contact Us
Nibble and Clink
Murder at Oulton
Village Memories
Gallery
First World War
Local Papers
Edward Metcalf
Volter's Films
Oulton Hall
Woodlesford House
John Batty
Reverend Mercer
Woodlesford Station
North Midland Railway
Opening of the Line
Midland Railway
Toffs and Trains
Maps & Plans
Accidents
Carriage Mishap
Station Building
Wagon Labels
Tickets
Posters & Handbills
Timetables
Royal Visits
Express Trains
Coal Trains
Diesel Multiple Units
Pullman Carriages
Diversions
Streaks
Sheffield Stopper
Freight Trains
Goods and Parcels
Flying Scotsman
Station House
Footbridge
Scarborough Spa Express
Travelling to Leeds
Station Masters
Clerks and Porters
Signalmen and Platelayers
Enthusiasts & Passengers
Footplate Men & Guards
Excursions
Water Haigh Colliery
Bentley's Brewery
Armitage Quarries
Road Transport
Aire & Calder Navigation
Woodlesford Mill
Light Industries
Churches and Chapels
Schools
Merchants & Shops
Traction Engines
Farms and Farmers
Pubs
Post Offices
Sport
Site Map
Historical Dates
Doctors
EWYU Railway
Edwin Lambert

Diesel Multiple Units were introduced on the route between Leeds and Barnsley
in 1958 and extended to Sheffield two years later. This leaflet promoted the service
in 1960. The cheap day return fare from Woodlesford to Leeds was one shilling
and nine pence.


 1960 DMU service from Sheffield to Leeds via Barnsley and Woodlesford. It doesn't show trains which stopped at
Woodlesford running to Sheffield via Cudworth or to Castleford Cutsyke, Knottingley and Goole.


Leeds to Sheffield timetable from September 1966 showing trains via Cudworth or via Barnsley.


1966 timetable.









 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

All rights reserved